Sunday 2 May 2010

Saturday Night & Sunday Morning - Quotes and Messages

"Don't let the bastards grind you down," is the message in this belligerent portrait of working class manhood, adapted from the 50s novel by Alan Sillitoe.


"What I want is a good time, the rest is all propaganda," is Seaton's mantra, but in the end, he realizes he's fighting a losing battle as an affair with his best friend's wife (Roberts) ends badly, and his aggressive attitude alienates him from everyone.


Arthur says: “Mam called me barmy when I told her I fell of a gasometer for a bet. But I'm not barmy, I'm a fighting pit prop that wants a pint of beer, that's me. But if any knowing bastard says that's me I'll tell them I'm a dynamite dealer waiting to blow the factory to kingdom come. Whatever people say I am, that's what I'm not because they don't know a bloody thing about me! God knows what I am.”

No comments:

Post a Comment